Jean Murdoch

My photo
Westport, CT, United States

Monday, February 14, 2011

Short Row Heel

So I have tried for the last week to knit the "Polka Dot Socks" by Paton and can't seem to get it right. Have knitted to the heel 4 times and have taken the stitches out only to try again. The problem is the size and the heel. I have worked the pattern using 2.25, and 2.75 needles and have used sock yarn as well as a finer yarn and I am now at the point of loving the polka dots but hating the basic sock pattern from Paton.
I have just gone to  Short Row Heel   and was delighted to see how to do this heel visually. I have now gotten a renewed understanding and will once again attempt this sock. Truly a great looking sock...just not written very well. So I am going to increase the stitches and do this short row heel and keeping my fingers crossed will have knitted a pair that will work! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive