Jean Murdoch

My photo
Westport, CT, United States

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Custom Order Problems?????

Have been under the weather for last couple of weeks but back to knitting today. Received a custom order to do for my Winoma Lacy Socks....silly me forgot to post these socks with the pattern I used. So for the last couple of hours I have been pouring through my patterns. When I knit socks sometimes I am just being creative and figure out something I like and do it. That is the case of these socks. So I have to reinvent the pattern. Strange but does happen and hopefully I will have it solved. I think that the pattern was  taken from Sensational Knitted Socks and hopefully it will work. At least that is what I am attempting. Remember...always write down patterns that you do, create or edit. I am going to remember to do just that. The client that wants these socks also picked a beautiful yarn from Lorna Laces...a new color  "Monkeyshines". Really nice soft pale hues of yellows, greys, tans. Should look great!

Lacy Socks

1 comment:

  1. I love your socks! I also handknit socks, but make most for my business now on an antique sock machine. Have you thought about getting one? It takes me about 3 hours from start to finish to make one pair. Still have to close the toes tho with a kitchener st.

    I enjoyed visiting your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive