Jean Murdoch

My photo
Westport, CT, United States

Monday, April 4, 2011

Baby Blue Socks

I thought it might be fun to knit a pair of socks for my niece Moriah who recently had a baby boy...so knitted up a pair. These are similar to the pair I gave to Moriah except these have a star knitted onto the heel. The pair I gave Moriah had a heart knitted onto the heel. The pattern is a easy lacy pattern but almost any pattern can be used and what I liked about the project was that it was creative, fun to do and really a quick project. I can see many different things that can be knitted onto a heel to make the socks really special and fun.  The only problem was what size to knit them...baby's feet do grow fast and I did settle on knitting this pair for a 2-4 month old...average  length of foot 3-4". These socks measure 4.5" from heel to toe.

Wondering if knitting a pair of mittens might be a nice pairing with the socks....hmmmm.


Baby Socks on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive