Jean Murdoch

My photo
Westport, CT, United States

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fair Isle Men's Socks


And so after doing those polka dot socks I thought I would try these.  These were knitted with Berroco Ultra Fine Alpaca yarn (Peruvian Wool, Fine Alpaca and nylon). I have found that using a finer yarn weight than sock yarns when knitting Fair Isle is less bulky and much more smooth on your foot. These are in combination of Grey, Black and White.   


Had gotten the book Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch from my daughter and loved the way she laid out the various patterns used in socks in the book. This pattern #2 was an example of taking the pattern and just using portions of it for these socks. I also did not do the heel in short rows but used a flat flap heel. The book has many various cable and stitch patterns A good book for your library. 
I love this yarn…very easy to work with and soft and warm and will probably work with this yarn again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive