Jean Murdoch

My photo
Westport, CT, United States

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Amazing Odds: NY Yankees Melky Cabrera hit the Cycle!

Today I thought I would just write about an incident that happened that was improbable! I am a hugh NY Yankee fan....On Sunday, Aug. 2, Melky Cabrera hit for the cycle. For those who don't know what the cycle is...a player hits a single, double, triple and a home run in one game. So Melky of the Yankees did it. Hasn't been done for last 14 years but he did it. Earlier in the season I had put my name in the hat at a local radio station to win the cycle contest. For the luck of the draw...my name was chosen for that game on that date at the beginning of the season. So now he did it and I won. My name was announced on the station and I was contacted. What a shock. I had forgotten that I even entered the contest. No one ever wins this. So now I am suppose to get a new car! Wow, I still can't believe it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive